Major examinations in India
India conducts various examinations through different education boards throughout the year. Most test results are out within a month or two of the date of the test.
- The main education board CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education) conducts the AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate examination).
- CISCE (Council for the Indian School certificate examinations) conducts the ISC (Indian school certificate examination).
- In addition various state boards- Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Maharashtra- conduct their own higher secondary examinations.
Entrance Exams Results
For higher and technical education there are a slew of exams.
- The IIT Council conducts an entrance test for its premier engineering colleges. In April, it conducts a common entrance test IIT-JEE for undergraduate courses and, in February, GATE (Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering) for its postgraduate ( PHd and Mtech) programmes. The results are out by mid May for IIT-JEE and by March for GATE.
- Regional and state engineering colleges conduct their own tests or use the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) score for admission to their courses. AIEEE is held in May and its results declared in June.
- The CBSE conducts a pre- medical Exam (AIPMT) through a preliminary in April followed by a main test in May.
- The All India institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) holds its own test for undergraduate MBBS course in June and declares the result in July. Its PG test is conducted in January and the results in February.
- Post graduate entrance tests for MBA are conducted by various institutes offering these courses. The main one is CAT (common admission test) conducted by the IIMs for their management courses, though the CAT score is also used by other institutions. CAT is held in winter, normally November. The scores are out by January.
- India's premier design and fashion technology institutes NIFT and NID also conduct tests. NIFT conducts its test from February through May and NID from January through March. The final results for NIFT and NID are declared in end may.
Competitive Exams Results
- The UPSC (Union Public service Commission) conducts Civil Services exam with prelims in May and mains in September. The results are announced in March of the following year.
- In addition, in June, UPSC conducts tests for NDA (national defense Academy) and for central government jobs in the combined medical and engineering services.
Various other results include admissions in foreign universities for technical or basic education like GATE, GRE, GMAT, etc.
How are the results announced.
The results, whether for class 12 or entrance tests for engineering and medical, are declared across various channels and media. Dates of results are published in newspapers and most tests results are published on the net. You can access the results on the internet through the website of the exam boards or get them on your mobile. In addition results are printed and put up in various institutions. CBSE and UPSC publish the result on their websites. Moreover, various other government and private portals publish the results too; however, you need to register with the portals to access the results. Some portals email the results to registered users.
Last Updated 4/3/2012