The Central University of Haryana has been set up by an “Act or Parliament” in 2009. It will be located in JantPalli, on Mahendergarh dadri Rd and will sprawl over an area of 500 acres. The university will be dedicated to the promotion of learning, research, quality, access, quality, prosperity, peace and growth. The university also aims at contributing to technology, scientific environment, infrastructure, and social as well as economic welfare. The university extends its jurisdiction over the entire Haryana. Presently the University is functioning from its temporary Gurgaon campus. The University is to be named after Lord Krishna.
The vision of the Central University of Haryana is to impart such knowledge that will contribute to growth of the individual as well as the society. The university is also dedicated towards setting new and high standards in learning, scholarships, research and other creative works.
The mission of the University is to-
- Create learning environment for the all round progress of the students.
- Constitute an innovative and holistic learning environment, which will have varied cultural background
- Concentrate on both relevance as well as quality
- Become a global brand in the field of research and education
- Focus on cultural and contextual learning
- Maintain integrity, values and ethics within the campus
The Central University of Haryana will consist of Schools of different disciplines with various centres related to it. Some of the schools to be set up by the University are
- School of Earth, Environment and Space
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Medical Sciences
- School of Computer Science and Informatics
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Agriculture and Allied Sciences
- School of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Life-Long Learning
- School of Language, Linguistics, Culture and Heritage
- School of Law, Governance, Public Policy and Management
The Central University of Haryana started its proper functioning in January 2010. It has also admitted its 1st batch of M.Phil and Ph.D programmes. The 1st Vice-Chancellor of the university is Mool Chand Sharma. It is totally funded by the Government of India. The establishment of this Central University is a step towards making Haryana an educational hub of the country.