Efforts are also being made for a residential building for the camp office of the Central University of Tamil Nadu and also temporary accommodation for the Vice Chancellor, Prof. BP Sanjay. Elementary Office, Computers etc has also been purchased besides net connectivity and landline for this Central University.
Aim and Vision
The Central University of Tamil Nadu believes in maintaining the following standards while developing itself as a premier institution for higher education and all round development of the people.
- Quality Education
- Integrated Courses at plus 2 level (core general subject, language etc)
- Master's programmes in the usual subjects with stress on Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Basic and Applied Sciences. The Central University of Tamil Nadu will initially start with Tamil, Sociology, History, English and Economics, and later with laboratory and other equipments being outfitted, courses on Technology and Science will also be introduced.
- Post graduate Diploma Courses (Focus will be on ‘finishing school skills’, community orientation and retail trade, employment enhancement courses)
- MPhil and PhD programmes (Efforts will also be made to send the scholars to other educational institutions for course work on credit transfer basis.)
- School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- School of Basic and Applied Science
- School of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Centre for disaster management.