The Indian Institute of Delhi campus can be divided into 4 major zones:
- Student Residential Zone
- Student Recreational Area
- Faculty and Staff Residential Zone
- Academic Zone
Schools of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Amar Nath & Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology
- Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management
- School of Biological Sciences
The Inter-Disciplinary Centres offer programs only at PG level.
- Centre for Applied Research in Electronics (CARE)
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering (CBME)
- Centre for Atmospheric Sciences (CAS)
- Computer Services Centre (CSC)
- Centre for Energy Studies (CES)
- Industrial Tribology, Machine Dynamics & Maintenance Engineering (ITMMEC)
- Educational Technology Services Centre (ETSC)
- Instrument Design Development Centre (IDDC)
- Centre for Rural Development & Technology (CRDT)
- Centre for Polymer Science & Engineering (CPSE)
- National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering (NRCVEE)
Each department has individual administrative structure and is headed by the ‘Head of the Department (HoD)’. The departments are headed by the respective HoDs for a time period of 3 years which is then followed by the appointment of the new HoD. Each of the department of the institute offers courses at undergraduate or post-graduate level, some departments like the Mechanical Engineering Department, offer 2 or more undergraduate courses while some departments offer joint programmes. The DMS (Department of Management Studies), IIT- D was established in the year 1993. It offers a ‘2-years full time MBA programme’, one concentrating on Management Systems, while the other on Telecommunication Systems Management. The Department also offers a ‘3 year part time MBA programme’ focussing on Technology Management.
The educational departments of IIT Delhi include:
- Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Applied Mechanics
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Department of Humanities & Social Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Textile Technology
- Undergraduate Programs
The undergraduate programmmes of the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi includes
1. Bachelor of Technology programme in 9 major areas, which are Chemical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering (Power), Production and Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Textile Technology.
2. Dual Degree in Bachelor-cum-Master of Technology programme in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemical and Biotechnology, Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
- Post-Graduate Programs
1. Master of Technology,
2. Master of Science,
3. Master of Science (Research),
4. Master of Business Administration,
5. Master of Design (Industrial Design)
6. Integrated Master of Technology Program in Mathematics and Computing.
Admission criteria for all the programs are different.
1. JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) - For admissions to Under Graduate Programmes (BTech), MTech Integrated Courses, MSc Integrated Courses, and Dual Degree MTech programmes.
2. JAM (Joint Admission Test) - For admissions to MSc and post BSc Programmes.
3. GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) - For admissions to Postgraduate Programmes in Engineering, Architecture, Technology, Science and Pharmacy.
4. JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test) - For admissions to PG Degree Programme in Management (MBA).
5.CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) - For admissions to Master of Design(MDes) Programmes