- ICHR North East Regional Centre in Guwahati
- ICHR Sothern Regional Centre in Bangalore
- Bringing together the historians and provide them with a platform to exchange views.
- Provide national direction to a scientific and objective writing on History and to also present and interpret history rationally.
- To promote and facilitate research in the field of History, with special attention on neglected areas
- To educe recognition and support from all the concerned in the field of research and ensure that the dissemination is done.
- Provide scholarships to housewives and scholars interested in research
- Junior Research Fellowship
- Senior Research Fellowship
- General Post- Doctoral Fellowship
- Research Project
- Foreign Travel Grant
- Contingency (Study and Travel) Grant
- Seminar, Conference and Workshop Grant
- Publication Subsidy
Some of the research projects for the year 2008-2009 are as follows.
- Documentation of Proscribed Literature in N.W.P. and Oudh
- Jharkhand Ke Panch Pargana Kshetra Ki Aachhadit Puratatvik Avasheshon ka Ek Aitihasik Adhyayan
- Nature-Community Relationships: A Study of the Fisheries and Fishermen Communities of Colonial Bengal and Post-colonial West Benga
- A Cultural Study of Kalchuri Inscriptions
- Arts & Iconographical Contribution of Pratapgarh Distt
- A Historical Study of Women in Early Kannada Literature c.800-1250 AD
- Social and Economic Dynamics of Medak Suba of former Hyderabad State, 1905-1950
- Western Discourse on Science and Indigenous Medicine: A Case Study of Nineteenth Century Kerala
- Cultural Symbols of Madurai Temple: Some Meanings and Perceptions
- Working Class Non-Representation in the Indian National Movement: The Assam Case
- A Historical Study of Clan Formation Among Muslims in Manipur (1606-1850)
Dr. Sabyasachi Bhattacharya
Dr. K.A.S.M. Ishrat Alam
Indian Council of Historical Research
The two Journals published by the Indian Council of Historical Research are the Indian Historical Review (bi-annually) and Itihas (in Hindi). Further the council also grants publication subsidy for seminars, congress proceedings, books and journals.