- Making a journal for ICPR
- Develop programs to imbibe the achievements of the philosophers in India.
- Publishing books on ontology, epistemology, social and political philosophy, ethics, Indian spirituality, works of living philosophers
- Organizing and developing plans for workshops, seminars and refresher course which promotes philosophical research.
- Facilitating the study of “philosophy” through the initiation of different programs.
- Bringing the scholars of the country together for essay competition and seminars
- Establishing relationships with various philosophical organizations in India
- Developing a top class library for philosophy
1. The Chairman
2. Eight members who comprise of:
- representative of the UGC
- 1 representative from the Indian Council of Social Science Research;
- 2 representatives from the Indian Philosophical Congress;
- 1 representative from the Indian Council of Historical Research;
- 1 representative from the Union Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Department of Education;
- 1 representative from the National Science Academy;
- 1 representative of the Ministry of Finance;
4. 4 persons who are meritorious in Philosophy or have served to the philosophical cause
5. 2 representatives from the U.P. Government
6. Member-Secretary of the Council.
The present Chairman of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research is Professor K. Ramakrishna Rao and the Member Secretary is Professor Godabarisha Mishra.