The objective of this residential institution, NITS, is to produce talented and skilled manpower inculcated with technical skills, leadership, social character, innovation, social values etc that would help in development of the country and the mankind. The institute also promotes and facilitates research.
The unique feature of this technical and engineering institute has been the undertaking of diverse developmental programs which are optimistic in outlook and aims at modernizing the laboratories, library automation and computing facilities etc. the use of improved teaching aids helps the students to reach high standards which are the need of the present changing business scenario.
Academic Departments at National Institute of Technology Silchar
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Chemistry
The National Institute of Technology Silchar offers different undergraduate and post graduate programmes in different disciplines of Science, engineering, management and humanities.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Design & Manufacturing
- Power System Engineering
- M.Sc. in Applied Chemistry
The institute also maintained a good placement record wherein a large number of farms and companies visit the institute for recruitment purposes. The other facilities provided by the National Institute of Technology Silchar are Computer centre, Workshops, Hospital, Post Office, Bank and shopping centre, Physical facilities like hostels guest houses etc, Sports facilities, Administrative facilities etc. this engineering college in India is a very popular and good engineering and technology institute that has been established in India.