Objectives of National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- Impart excellent technical education
- Work for the regional development
- Extend computer education
- Promote small entrepreneurship
- Set up centres of excellence in the field of emerging technologies.
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information technology
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities & Social Science
This technical institute in India offers 4 years (8 semesters) undergraduate engineering courses and 2 years post-graduate programme.
Undergraduate Programmes (B.Tech)
- Civil engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Computer science engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Information technology engineering
- Metallurgy engineering
- Mechanical system design (Mechanical engineering)
- Communication and information technology (ECE)
- Structural engineering (Civil engineering)
- Water Resources Management (Civil engineering)
The institute promotes research in various disciplines and offers doctoral programmes in science and engineering.
Like all the NITs in India admission to under graduate programmes in NIT Srinagar happens through All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). Admision to post graduate courses takes place through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
The National Institute of Technology, Srinagar for a long time has been producing top class engineers to the country. It has also maintained good placement records with top recruiters recruiting the students of the institute for excellent positions.
The other amenities and facilities offered by the National Institute of Technology, Srinagar, are NSS, NCC, Consumer cum Society, Bank, Recreational Centre, Dispensary with Ambulance, Shopping Complex, Guest House, Gymnasium, Students Activity Centre, Internet Centre, Fax Services, Telephone Booths, Diesel Generator, Bus Facility. The Institution is replete with an “Industry Interaction cell” set up in 1989 to be always aware of the new developments in Technological and Scientific field and share the experience with different industries. With an assortment of over 60,000 books, 6000 journals and other documentaries, and modern outfits the library of the Institute is among the best technical libraries in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.