The year 1994 saw the selection of the National Institute of Technology, Warangal, as the autonomous T-school by the Overseas Development Administration (ODA) in Great Britain for the exchange programmes in between India and UK in information technology. The MBA program of the institute commenced in the year 2000. In 2006, the institute initiated its undergraduate program in Biotechnology.
Academic Programmes at National Institute of Technology Warangal
- Electrical and Electronics engineering,
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Electronics and Communication Engineering,
- Computer Science and Engineering,
- Metallurgical & Material Science Engineering.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering- It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Computer Applications and Technology. In M.Tech 2 specializations are offered, CSE and Information security.
- The Electrical Engineering Department provides postgraduate courses in Industrial Drives and Power Systems and Electrical Machines.
- The Civil Engineering Department offers 5 masters degree programmes with specializations in Water resources Engineering, Engineering Structures, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, & Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems.
- Mechanical Engineering Department offers PG courses with specializations in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Thermal Engineering, and Computer integrated Manufacturing and Advanced Manufacturing Processes.
- Department of Metallurgical Engineering offers PG programmes in Industrial Metallurgy.
- The Electronics and Communications Engineering department offers post-graduate (M.Tech.) courses in Electronics Instrumentation and VLSI System design.
- In the Science departments
- M.Sc.(Tech.) in Engineering Physics is provided by the Physics Department. The specializations offered are Photonics, Electronics & Instrumentation.
- Chemistry department offers PG programmes in Industrial Chemistry. The specializations are Drugs, Dyes, Pharmaceuticals and Pesticides or “Modern Methods of Chemical Analysis”.
- The PG programmes of the Mathematics Department are in Mathematics and scientific computing and Applied Mathematics.
- NIT Warangal like all other deemed universities follow a credit based system for the evaluation of academic performance. National Institute of Technology, Warangal is one among the leading engineering schools in India that maintains a good academic record. It maintains high standards of education and imparts quality education and training in varied fields of education thereby producing competent and talented engineers.